Thursday, May 8, 2014

Textured Feathers (a Mother's Day card) with Savannah O'Gwynn

Hello, friends:}

Savannah O'Gwynn here, and today I'm sharing a card that I created a couple of weeks back-- when I was doing my feather series! I needed a card to match a feather necklace that I made for Trav's mom for Mother's Day. ***Super sorry that I'm sick and sound a bit different! I'm on vocal rest for a week- hopefully that will help my throat feel better:) 

For this card, I used embossing paste to create texture on some paper, die cut the feathers, and then stamped a sentiment on them. LOVE! 

Here's the video *****Be sure to change your settings to HD before watching! THANKS! 

Paper Smooches stamps: Pretty MommaKinfolkGreen Thumb, and Chart ToppersPaper Smooches dies: Feathers and Crystal Clear 3

I hope you enjoyed this video and card! I know that Trav's mom (and I made one for my mom too!) will LOOOOOVE it! 

**And don't forget if you leave a comment, please add your blog address and email so I can visit you too:) love hearing from the VS followers when you've created something based off of one of our videos:) So keep leaving comments and links- you could be our next Virtual Smooches FF!!! ***If you don't have a blog-- email me a pic and let me know what inspired you!!! 
(savannahland2 at comcast dot net)

(Sound LOUD trumpet music)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for linking up your creations! I absolutely loooooooove visiting your blogs and checking out your projects! If you are inspired by our videos or tips/tricks, please link up 
HERE! ****And if you take a picture of you or some friends watching my videos, link up those photos as well!!! I'd love to feature you:) 

This week's Virtual Smooches Featured Fans are.......... Laura and Ramon! They came over to our house a couple of weeks ago and Laura went nuts for my craft room (I totally love that because now I have another friend to craft with! LOL!). They asked me about my videos and I shared one with them. So here they are watching my videos. I love that Ramon started following my YouTube channel HERE after he left! LOL! 

Sorry for the dark pic- it was 10pm when we were in my studio! 

Congrats to Laura and RamonPlease email me at {savannahland2 at comcast dot net} to receive your VS FF badge!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! LOVING those feathers in the jars!!!

Unknown said...

You rock!!! Love your stuff!

Shannon J said...

Ack!!! So, so pretty!!! Your MIL is going to fall in love at first sight!! Love that you thought to extend the vase horizontally - more brilliance!! Hope your throat gets better soon - you poor thing!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. The feather technique was great.